Brand Equity metrics: What about those who are not “clicks”?
Blog - May 20, 2019
Yes, the clicks are KPI’s on Facebook. In fact, an engagement or interest of the audience for your ads has been based almost exclusively on CTR, CPC and other metrics related to clicks, BUT things are changing.
Stop for a moment, close your eyes and imagine your behavior as a Facebook user.
- How often do you click on an ad?
- How often did you put a liking or love, or did you share content that appeared to you as being sponsored on your news feed, and not to your friend or acquaintance?
Research on Facebook has shown that engagement is a measure of the user’s interest but does not translate into sales or quality leads because it is likely that even if the user does not click on an ad, it may be interested for buying the product.
According to comScore, only 8% of users are clicking on the ads, which means that even 85% of the engagement is generated by those fewer than 10% of users that click on ads. On the other hand, this means that as many as 90% of users see the content but do not click. Studies show that as many as 90% of offline sales come from those people who have seen the ad but did not have any interaction with it.
The question is: How do we gauge this “non-stick” interest that our ads create and how to restructure reports from interest to click or conciseness? Facebook offers a solution in the form of Brand Equity metrics.
If you are like 90% of users, you scroll through the news feed on your phone until something “catch your eye” and you stop there for a moment to absorb the content. Such activity or those moments of receiving the information without a click, Facebook calls it “thumbstopping”. Here, the selected type of optimization of the Facebook campaign comes into play. If we optimize the campaign for a click-based purpose such as post engagement or traffic, we target only 10% of our audience that is click-through, but if we use Brand Awareness optimization then we include all those who would be interested in what they we offer, although we might not have clicked on the ad.
This kind of advertising is close to the TV ad, as there is no physical interaction, you do not know how much of your target has seen your ad, or it was in front of the TV screen at the time of broadcast, the advantage of Facebook is that targeting is far more precise and measure reach and impressions or how many people from your audience were covered by the campaign / were exposed to the ad.
Brand Equity Metrics shows the impact of your ads beyond click.
Estimated Ad Recall Lift (People): The additional number of people who after 2 days will remember your ad.
Estimated Ad Recall Lift Rate: The percentage of all impressions left an impact on the viewer.
Cost per Estimated Ad Recall Lift: And of course the cost.
Basically, consider ad recall lift as measuring clicks for people who do not click, but show interest by keeping your ad on. Adjusting the trends is what does not make a step ahead of the competition. In conditions when we still measure the number of likes and shares, let’s not forget that among them the convinced buyer does not have a sign of equality. Let’s use clicks to test and get information about the creativity especially in posts, and as the goal of a paid campaign, however, we can set business results out.